First Aid at Work - Open Course Leicester
Who the course is for
For those first aiders who are working in HIGH RISK industries such as Construction, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Assembly, Production, Hot Works, Extrusions, or larger organisations where there are many employees, visitors or members of the public on the premises or where there are people with existing medical conditions that may require urgent first aid treatment.
What the course covers
- First aid kits and legislation
- CPR and resuscitation
- Using an AED in the event of a cardiac arrest
- Unconscious casualties
- Choking children and adults
- Dealing with Bleeding wounds
- Catastrophic bleeding wounds and use of tourniquets.
- Burns and scalds
- Head and Spinal Trauma
- Anaphylaxis and use of Auto Injector Pens
- Dealing with Asthma and using various inhalers and spacer devices
- Epilepsy and how to deal with Epileptic events
- Eye injuries
- Managing Fractures, sprains and dislocations.
There are 6 practical assessment activities and two multiple choice tests as part of this course.
18 hours including all required assessments
Open Course - £265 + vat per person includes certification and manual
What is Included:
First Aid Manual, 3 year certification, tea and coffee.
Open courses are delivered at our training facility in Leicester
How to Book
Select which course date you would like to attend, and ADD to the basket. Proceed to checkout.