Who the course is for
This programme of learning will provide you with everything you need to become a qualified First Aid Instructor with nationally recognised Teaching Qualification in line with the HSE requirements, and a fully accredited FAW certificate from an Ofqual approved Awarding Organisation.
What the course covers
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training - nationally recognised in line with HSE requirements
- Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work through an Ofqual approved Awarding Organisation
- AED and CPR Trainer training
- All course materials and text books
L3 Award in Education and Training - 4 Days Classroom Based Learning + Homework - split 2 blocks of 2 days.
L3 First Aid at Work - 3 days Classroom Based Training
Additional 1 day classroom based training to provide familiarisation with teaching practices for :
Automated External Defibrillation Training and certification
- Anaphylaxis and Epilepsy Awareness
- How to complete Practical Classroom Assessments in first aid
- A look at required resources to become a first aid trainer.
£780.00 + vat per person. Includes L3 EAT, FAW 3 day Course, 1 Day First Aid Trainer day, Instructor starter pack of 12 EFAW Manuals, 12 Triangular bandages, 12 Standard bandages, Pocket Mask
How to become a First Aid Instructor
- Complete a nationally recognised accredited teaching qualification at or above a Level 3.
- Have an in date First Aid at Work qualification
- Have an Assessor Award Qualification - this is included in the L3 Award in Education and Training. You DO NOT need to pay for a further qualification!
- Evidence of background knowledge or competency in delivering first aid training. This can be gained through working with a centre and team teaching a few courses, or by being able to display your existing knowledge and competency, through completing a competency assessment. Requirements may vary with Awarding Organisations.
To get you started as a trainer we provide you with a FREE STARTER PACK of 12 EFAW First Aid Manuals, 12 training bandages, 12 Triangular Bandages, and a Pocket Mask.
Open courses are held at our premises in Leicester.
Please select your required Course Dates from here, and then click here to go to the FAW Page to select your required FAW Course